Friday, June 4, 2010

Naturally Nature Journals.


Greetings from Chrestline, California!


This picture was taken Sunday May 23rd, 2010 just before we left the cabin. YES, we got snow and that is hail you see in the picture falling!



On May 21 to the 23rd I joined four other amazing artists went in Crestline, CA for Orly Avineri's Nature Journal Weekend Workshop. Orly presented each of us with a packet like the one above. Each packet contained a hand made art journal I made from Teesha Moores hand made journal videos. Each journal is 16 pages. Teesha's design is brilliant and worked wonderfully for our nature journals.


Here are our completed journals from the weekend. It was a truly amazing journey. Each artist did incredible work. It was a time of sharing, laughing, growing. Orly Avineri lead us on a wonderful exploration of nature journals. To give you some idea we journaled on Saturday 22 of May for almost 12 complete hours! We just kept going on and on we were having so much fun.

If you ever have the opportunity to take one of Orly's classes I so highly encourage it!!! Orly is such a natural and gifted teacher. Orly is encouraging, engaging, challenging(in such a fun and gentle way). I am also so happy to call her my good friend. To see more photos of our group go here.

Here I am presenting my journal just before we left the Crestline cabin.






Have a wonderful weekend, I am headed to another one of Orly's art journaling workshop in San Diego! Go create some art!

14 comments:

Kim Rempel said...

Love your work and love your blog! Happy I found it. My sympathies about the weather though ; )

Kimber said...

Love your nature journal. Looks like a great workshop!

Mary said...

Brian what a wonderful time!
Those journals are fabulous. Each one incredibly beautiful. I enjoyed seeing the pages you did - fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome 'full coverage' of the event. It was so much fun...snow was extra bonus...great pictures you took...Magical journal you have created...Cannot imagine this retreat without your grand presence...
XOXOrly

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Brian I love your work. The cover art on your journals is fantastic, your choice of colours and abstract form really appeals to me. I'll be back :-)

Jo Reimer said...

Fabulous journal, Brian. I love yours as well as the others. And how nice that each participant had one of your handmade journals to start with. I made one using Teesha's instructions but I've yet to work in it. Maybe I'll follow yours and Orly's lead and do a nature journal.

layers said...

What wonderful collages and journals-- and to get together with other artists-- such fun and inspiration.. I follow Orly's blog-- sounds like she is a great instructor.

Seth said...

What an amazing class this must have been. Your journal is quite a fantastic creation. Looks like you have really taken journaling to another level here!

Barb Smith said...

This is such a beautiful post and I am so jealous that you were in such amazing surrounds w/ Orly and others to journal and just have such a great time. Love your journal..beautiful!
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Nicole Austin said...

these journals are so cool! it sounds like you all had a great time. i'm glad i found your blog! :)

Sandy said...

Love your journals, great pages. Have fun at your next retreat.

Purrplekatt said...

This looks like it would have been such an awesome retreat! Thanks for sharing, and you did a wonderful job on your journal. :)

mary ann said...

hey hot stuff love seeing your photo AND that magnificent journal. you are doing such exquisite things in there. sigh.

HeARTworks said...

Fantastic! So inspiring! Patsy from
HeARTworks