Monday, October 12, 2009

Busy weekend...


It was a really busy weekend of journaling for me. Much inspiration going on in my life & I felt it was really productive and fun.

This page set is from Orly Avineri's Journal Group at Harmony works in Redondo Beach. I missed the class but this is my interpretation of our inspirations for journaling... meaning they come from everywhere... and come to us at all times... This piece includes an image transfer of myself as a boy and my dog Moochie in our front yard(under the pumpkin head) & crackle paint.

For the one I run 2... This page set was inspired by love & a song I can relate to. Includes a gel medium image transfer, Tim Holtz Stamp(heart).
A WIP (work in progress), I wanted to show you a page set that is not quite finished... still have to add a few items to it. Enjoy! Click on any image for a larger view. I even have a few more images from my new larger journal, I need to scan the pages. Go out and make some art & play!


3 comments:

Paper Paradise said...

Love the journaling. I am hoping to get to Dyan's for a workshop, but it's so far away, but WILL get there! Keep up the good work.
Sue

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you enjoy my mother's class. I'm Ilan, Orly's son. Your pages are amazing and you have serious talent for art. But your work contains something that some big shot art journalists sometimes lack. That "something" is heart. You can tell you are pouring all your thoughts and going wild with these pages and that is very inspiring. Thank you for creating! :D

Anonymous said...

Great rich pages Brian...you are sooooooooooo good!!!
Yummy 'juicy' pages that make me happy, that's what they are!!..Thanks Brian..keep up layering vibrant lively pages, one laying gently on top of another..